14 May 2011

Bisou Cupcakes

Cupcakes puts a smile on my face.  I love looking at those lovely and colorful frostings!  But to be honest, I prefer simple cupcakes that taste so good I can eat two in one seating just like Bisou cupcakes.   For me it's all about the cake, I like it soft and moist. You can tell the quality of ingredients used in just one bite. I have tried a few that's really good enough to eat but they always fail on the cake, texture and flavor wise.  
Bisou Cupcakes are sinfully yummy and cheap.  I first had it during a trip to Kuala Lumpur late last year, after that I promise myself to drop by the shop whenever I'm in Malaysia.  Too bad they don't have it here in Singapore (which I've yet to find good cupcake shops here). They only have two branches, one in Bangsar Village and the other where I get my cupcake fix at their branch in KLCC, level 3. It's apparently the best tasting cupcakes in KL. Besides cupcakes, they do have other cakes & cookies. The popular Banoffee Pie and Black Forest Gateau are bestsellers!  I've not tried them yet but will sure blog about it next time I'm in KL.
They have over 13 kinds of cupcakes to choose from and an additional cupcake of the month.  
We bought a box of 6 of the bestselling cupcakes they have in store.  Red Velvet, which is full of chocolate goodness, soft & moist with a light & fluffy frosting.  Chocolate Dementia...the name says it all with its fudgy frosting. Vanilla Sky, a true classic. It has just the right amount of frosting so as not to overpower the yummy cake underneath.   Capuccino, which I think is the cupcake of the month as its not in the regular menu was a blast of coffee goodness with light frosting so as not to overpower the cake underneath.
So if by any chance you guys are in KL drop by at Bisou and treat yourself to a cupcake or two!    Do check out my fave cupcake recipe books below at Amazon.     
    
 

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if BISOU of SG is related to BIZU here in the P.I.?
    They're both pastry shops eh.

    ReplyDelete