08 May 2011

Big Ben's Pies

This post has been long overdue as I was away for over a week.   I hope this post will make you hungry or at least crave for pies.  So anyway, one weekend hubby brought me to Big Ben's Place Bistro to try some pies.  We bought 4 pies (Steak & Guinness + Steak & Mushroom pies) to bring home...our "snack attack" munchies for the weekend.  I'm not a big fan of meat pies but these are good!  I don't eat pies as often as I eat cakes or pastries, if you have been following my blog I prefer the sweet stuff more than anything else.  


Big Ben's Place have over a dozen pies to choose from, they even have pies for the sweet tooth! There's apple, strawberry & blueberry pies...yum! They also have the classic Cornish pasty. I'm actually hungry whilst writing this post and now I feel like having pies!  Although I've not tried the sweet pies yet, I'm sure it's gonna be just as yummy as the savoury pies.  Do check out their website for some pie lovin'...http://www.bigbenspies.com/index.aspx.

The crispy buttery crust melts in your mouth while the stuffing I must say is very tasty & with generous amount of beef chunks too.  We also wanted to try the Lamb Stew Pie but they're sold out,  obviously the bestseller of the lot.   The sweet pies were not available as well.
The pies are meant to be eaten during the weekend but we finished them all in a flash! Location wise, you either need a car or a taxi to get there. Big Ben's Place is tucked away in Opera Estate which for me, is out of the way & I didn't see any nearby bus stops.   I wish they expand or open a stall near town or near my home...hahaha!
 I paired my pie with freshly brewed Lavazza coffee.  Sarap!   

2 comments:

  1. can take bus no. 42 there....from opp. Kembangan MRT..take off at "after Swan Lake Ave."

    i go there today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info San Wen Ji! I'll keep that in mind & thanks for checking out my blog.

    ReplyDelete