19 June 2011

Marmalade Pantry

This is a continuation of "My Weekend Part 2" post.  I bought the cupcakes that same day.  I still have a lot of photographs pending to be posted but I have so little time.  So anyway, I finally get to try Marmalade Pantry's cupcakes! The last time I went there the cupcakes were all sold out.  This time hubby & I came early bought four of the bestselling cupcakes they have.  The Limonata, Red Velvet, Cloud Nine & Chocolate Deluxe.    
The cupcakes are bigger than standard cupcakes like the size of a muffin and will cost you S$4.20 each. Among the four cuppies, I fell in love with Limonata & Red Velvet. I would definitely come back & buy them again. I'm also excited to try their cake selections, I heard they are worth checking out.  
LIMONATA/Tart Lemon Glazed Cake - The tart but not too sweet frosting compliment the wonderful lemon cake underneath. The cake is moist & a bit crumbly and will make you want another helping.  
CLOUD 9/White Coconut Cake with Cream Cheese - I thought it was a vanilla cupcake until after my second bite.  I only realized that it was a coconut cupcake when I check the receipt.  Overall, it was a good cupcake but I can only taste a hint of coconut flavor to it. It's more of a vanilla-cream cheese flavor to me.
CHOCOLATE DELUXE CUPCAKE - Described by the Marmalade Pantry as the ultimate chocolate cupcake.  I was a bit disappointed as it's not really a cupcake, it's a brownie in a cuppie!  For a brownie, it's a bit dry & crumbly but I have to give it an "A" for the chocolate flavor. I guess it's best eaten warm with vanilla ice cream. I was actually expecting a moist chocolate cake underneath with yummy chocolate fudge frosting.
RED VELVET - For me is the piece de resistance.  Voted by hubby as the yummiest among four which I totally agree with.  Yummy cream cheese frosting with coconut shavings compliments the not too sweet & moist red chocolate cake underneath.  
The Marmalade Pantry is located at the 3rd floor of Orchard Ion Mall.  It's kinda hard to miss as it is right in the middle.  While you are there, you might want to check out what's on their menu.  It's a lovely & pleasant place to have brunch with family & friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment