20 August 2011

Lunch at Waterloo

I was a bit irritable & moody this past few days.  In fact, I felt that I had a horrible week..maybe not enough sleep or it could just be one of those days.  What better way to channel my irritation and frustration is to write about...food glorious food!  Food always makes me happy and cheery!  My hubby always say that when I am moody, 90% I am hungry.    

So, last week hubby fetch me from work and we decided to grab a bite to eat somewhere near my workplace. As usual we cannot decide on what to eat but hubby suggested a good chicken rice stall behind Waterloo Street.  So chicken rice it is!
We came at about 3-ish in the afternoon & good timing also as the lunch crowd has long been gone.  Went to the Soya Sauce Chicken Rice stall where it's known for the yummy ginger chicken rice.  The stall got newspaper clippings so I would say that it's a guarantee you can get a wonderful yummy meal here.
I have had Chicken Rice all over Singapore & this probably became one of my favorites.  I love the generous amount of ginger & you can actually taste a hint of Chinese black vinegar on the chicken drippings or sauce. 
Not the healthiest thing to eat but I have to give in at least once in a while.  I love Char Siew Pork, who doesn't?  Just look at those charred grilled bits, sweet & savory, melt in your mouth yumminess!  It's not easy to watch your weight when food such as these are readily available to you.  
We also had the Soya Sauce Chicken Rice which is just as delish as the rest.  You can taste the star anise spice, not too sweet & again the chicken is very tender.   Overall, hubby & I left with happy tummies.  It was a nice meal & will definitely come this way again!
After a wonderful meal, we had to at least burn what we ate...ok maybe not today!  We walk around Waterloo Street & there's a different vibe here like you are not in Singapore.  With the temples, the scent of joss sticks, Chinese fortune tellers, flower vendors &  interesting trinkets on sale, it is such a lively vibe.








   

No comments:

Post a Comment