11 August 2011

Kabe no Ana Pasta

One sunny weekend hubby & I decided to check out Nex Mall at Serangoon Central.  It's our first time there as it's kinda out of the way from where we are staying.  We figured might as well check out what they have to offer when it comes to food.  Walking around plus the weekend crowd made me a bit giddy & hungry.  
Tucked-in the corner end of Basement 1 are chains of small Japanese restaurants.  Ichiban Boshi, Shimbashi Soba (http://melodyindisguise.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-weekend-part-two.html), Fish Kuriya Market, Ya-Tai & Kabe no Ana.  There's also an interesting Japanese bakery called Green Pumpkin which you guys might want to check out.
We love Mentaiko Spaghetti & have not had it for a long time so, we decided to chow down some real Japanese pasta.  Kabe no Ana literally means "hole in the wall" & is known as the Original Spaghetti House in Japan.  It was established in 1953 starting from a hole in a wall restaurant in Showa. Takayasu Matsunari invented the  "MentaikoSpaghetti" which was a real yummy treat in my belly!  
I had Mentaiko with Shrimp & Mushrooms.  Yummy to the last bit!   
Hubby had the Mentaiko Carbonara.  It's creamy, amazing savoury bacon flavor you just can't get enough of & it's not swimming in carbonara sauce.  I love the poached egg!
This shows how much I enjoyed my Mentaiko.  All pasta dishes are made to order & it takes about 15-20 minutes or so.  I say it's worth the wait.
We also shared some Japanese Potato Salad which by the way is delish!
Kabe no Ana http://www.kabenoana.com.sg/ is located at 23 Serangoon Central B1-80 NEX Mall.  I hope they would open a branch somewhere nearby like in town perhaps or East Coast.  But for now I have to go all the way to Serangoon just to satisfy my Mentaiko cravings.  

   



No comments:

Post a Comment