05 July 2011

My Weekend Part 3 - Yummy Crabs

We celebrated Father's Day, mum-in law's & hubby's birthday at home with fresh Sri Lankan crabs from House of Seafood @ 180. Hubby & I drove to Cosford Road to tar-pow (take away) two big crabs cooked in two different sauces. Chilli Crab in slurpilicious chilli sauce goodness & Butter Crab which I can only describe as delish up to the last claw. We also ordered stir fried kai-lan (Chinese broccoli), crispy deep fried baby squid, black pepper crayfish & some pan fried bee hoon.  
Butter Crab on top & below is obviously the Chilli Crab.  

I think that the best way to eat crabs is at home where you can get as messy as you want.   We actually had crabs a week before this & I don't think I'll have crabs anytime soon.   I'm on my chilli crab break! But you see, as I am typing this post I can't help but crave for crabs!  
Giant meaty claws to feast on!  
My favorite Crispy Fried Baby Squid.  Crispiness to the max!
My father-in-law's favorite, Crayfish in Black Pepper Sauce.
Overall, it was a wonderful pleasant dinner.  Not overly filling yet satisfying.  I prefer the butter crab as I find the Chilli crab a bit too spicy.  The butter crab got this creamy butter sauce underneath that you can dip in a slice of French roll or any piece of bread for some yummy goodness.  Same goes with the Chilli crab the sauce is the most important key to this dish.  

There are a lot of Chilli Crab Restaurants/Seafood Restaurants in Singapore that it's just a matter of finding the best ones.  If you go to East Coast Seafood Centre alone there's about 8 seafood restaurants that serves the best seafood in town.  

Here are two of my favorite Chilli Crab stop:
No Signboard Seafood Restaurant http://nosignboardseafood.com

   





No comments:

Post a Comment