22 February 2012

A Hodgepodge of Sweets

Who doesn't love pretty cakes, yummy pastries & sinful chocolates?  Let me show you a collection of all the good stuff I have tried in the past year of which added inches on my waistline & made my sweet life even sweeter!
Octa Hotel Cafe - Is an imaginary hotel located in the imaginary 8th District of Paris which is actually located inside Parco Marina Bay. Octa Hotel first opened 1989 in Fukuoka, Japan.  Love the ambience, the Parisian cozy cafe feel to it, from the pretty chairs & wallpapers to the lovely dessert plates. It is a place worth checking out! We shared Gateau Au Fromage (Cheesecake) which was pretty good but I wish it has a thicker crust. We also had the signature Blueberry Pie which was not overly sweet, lovely flaky crust & the generous fresh cream topping!
1-Caramel - I had a sweet craving whilst waiting for our movie to start.  This cozy cafe at that time was then located in between Cathay Picturehouse & Plaza Singapura. We shared a slice of Mango Mascarpone which was refreshingly light & tangy & the Chocolate Praline Tart (not really sure if I got the name right) just simply answered my sweet craving.  Overall it was a pleasant treat!  You can get your sweet treats at 1-Caramel Espresso Bar located at 1 Raffles Place OUB Centre or at 1-Caramel Dessert Boutique located at the 2nd floor of 1 Rochester Park.  http://www.1-caramel.com/

Awfully Chocolate - This one needs no further introduction.  I love the Chocolate Cake here in fact, I crave for it from time to time & although there may be other better or even great chocolate cakes out there I would still choose Awfully Chocolate.  A simple dark chocolate cake between layers of dark chocolate fudge, no fuss...no frills....just good old humble chocolate cake!  http://www.awfullychocolate.com/index.php
Cedele - A must try is their Devil's Fudge Cake.   It is a two layered chocolate cake with super rich chocolate fudge, sinful!  http://www.cedeledepot.com/home/home.asp

Tampopo Deli - Best Cream Puffs ever!  Give me a cream puff & I will love you forever or you can cry me a Caramel Custard.  They have the most wonderful Caramel Custard!  The Mont Blanc is a must try as well.  Head over to Liang Court and tell me I was right!  
Marmalade Pantry - I'm a fan of their Red Velvet & Limonata cupcakes!  

That's all for now, I still have a few folders to check out & will definitely add more sweet stuff for you guys to drool on.  Have you had your sugar fix yet?





No comments:

Post a Comment