28 December 2011

Maison Kayser - Boulangerie & Patisserie

When I saw this bakery from a far, I can almost tell that I'll be spending some money on good bread.  Since childhood I have always been a huge fan of breads and pastries.  Growing up around my grandfather's bakery, the smell of freshly baked bread is home.  So whenever I see a bakery or just passing along one I always end up checking what they have and more often than not, walk away with a bag of bread.
Hubby and I came about Maison Kayser on our way for brekkie at Wild Honey.  Maison Kaiser is located at the basement of the new Scotts Square Mall just right next to Fairprice Finest supermarket.  We came really early to avoid the crowd at Wild Honey as it's almost always have a long queue.  Unfortunately, we are not that early and the waiting time was 30 minutes!  So, we decided to have croissants and coffee instead at Maison Kayser and I'm so glad we did!  
All breads are freshly baked on location and since we came early some are still baking in the oven!  If only I can try them all!  I'll definitely be coming back.  

So among the lot, I decided to have a croissant & a pastry which French name I cannot even remember but a taste I cannot forget!  
This brilliant pastry is crispy outside while inside is just moist filled with slices of pears, lovely caramel not the sticky kind but rather of a delicate texture like a spread.  You can smell the buttery goodness just before it lands in your mouth.  Guess what?  I found a new favorite!  
The croissant is just perfect!  Nice golden color, crispy outside while inside is buttery soft and chewy.   Unforgettable!  


Maison Kayser
6 Scotts Road
#B1-09 Scotts Square
Singapore 228209
Tel: +65 6636 3672








No comments:

Post a Comment