19 March 2011

High Society Cupcakes

Yet another shop that caught my eye during a window shopping trip at Marina Bay Sands is High Society Cupcakes.  I was impressed with the cupcakes on display and ended up buying 3 cuppies to try.  The cupcakes are a tad bit small as compared to a normal say Magnolia's or Sprinkles cupcakes.   For a petit size I  find it a tad bit expensive too (S$6 each).   Part of it,  I would think is because of the location.  I can only guess how much is the rental space at Marina Bay Sands.  

Apart from cupcakes, they also have a few selections of cakes.  There's also a cafe inside where you can have tea or coffee "high society" style.   I didn't get the chance to see what they have in the menu for all I'm interested in are the cupcakes.  I never really paid much attention to the cupcakes available in Singapore and have no idea whatsoever where I can get the best in town.  Note to self: FIND OUT!  So far, I've only tried Cedele's cupcake but I can't be too sure it may have been a muffin...hahaha! 



I brought home these pretty cupcakes...
Here's what I have to say...such pretty cupcakes but not as yummy as I thought it would be.  The cakes are a bit dry & the frosting is somewhat fudgy like unless it's meant to be that way.  The 3 cupcakes I chose aren't very traditional, the cake texture I would compare to that of a brownie. Overall, I'm a bit disappointed but then I've only tried 3 cupcakes out of a dozen selections.  So maybe I'll give High Society a second chance.


High Society
Bayfront Avenue 2
Marina Bay Sands
Singapore 018972

No comments:

Post a Comment