28 February 2011

My one weakness - Macarons

I had my first bite of macarons at La Duree in Paris way back in 1997.  Since then I become an avid fan and pledge to try every shop that sells them whenever I travel.   The best macarons for me is when the crust is delicately crisp, inside is just sinfully moist and the creamy centre just melts in your mouth.   I like it when it stays true to its flavour...no more, no less.  Imagine my excitement when I saw the plush pink parlour of Jean-Philippe Darcis' at the Marina Bay Sands!


Chef Darcis holds the lifetime title of Belgian Chocolate Ambassador.  He hails from Belgium and owns a string of popular shops in Belgium and Japan.   Reputed to be the best macarons in Singapore is now within my reach!   This is by far one of the best macarons I ever had!  So, what's in the bag?  These macarons are sold in boxes of 5 ($15), 8 ($24) and 11 ($30).  Since its just hubby & I who will feast on these yummy colorful creations...we decided to get the box of 8.  
Our 8 picks are Pistache, Almond Milk, Hazelnut, Raspberry, Chocolat, Passion Chocolat,    Nougat & Strawberry.  Remember to eat them fresh!  
So if by chance you are at the Marina Bay Sands, drop by the shop & treat yourself to a piece or two of macarons or as much as you like!  You'll know exactly what I'm talking about.    Hopefully Chef Darcis will read my blog and send me a box of macarons.    

No comments:

Post a Comment