03 February 2011

Yamakawa Super

Yamakawa Super is my fave one stop shop for Japanese snacks.  There's one near my place and I drop by every now and then to check out new stuff.   

So I went last Friday to buy a few of my usual favorites and some of which I haven't tried.   Two of my all-time favorites (since grade school) are CRISP CHOCO & PICOLA. It's amazing how they are still around and now with different flavors to choose from.   


CRISP CHOCO are cornflakes covered with chocolate, it sort of like the Choco Flakes from Baguio.  It's crispy as it melts in your mouth.  I can finish the entire pack in one seating!  It comes in Milk Choco, Bitter Choco & Almond Choco.

Now, PICOLA I really love!  Yummy rolled wafer sticks filled with rich milk chocolate, strawberry, peach and matcha green tea.  I have tried other wafer stick brands but I still prefer PICOLA.  Sorry no pictures of PICOLA as I cannot wait to bring it home and ate it as I wait for hubby to fetch me.


CARAMEL CORN is my hubby's favorite.  I like it too, but it's not something I would crave about.   Caramel coated corn curls with peanuts...once you pop, you can't stop! There are also a few pieces of roasted peanuts inside the pack (I wish there's more). It comes in different flavors such as Milk, Matcha Green Tea, Mango Pudding, Chocolate, Honey Roasted Nuts & Almond to name a few.  Lots of flavors to choose from!  


KITKAT CHEESE is something new to me.  It wasn't a pleaser, I would describe the taste as white chocolate with a mild hint of cheese flavor.  It taste weird to me and hubby says so too.  So, it's not something I would eat again.  I think it'll taste so much better if the cheese flavor is stronger like cheddar-ish. 

There's 10 bite size pieces in the box and I don't know what to do with the rest of them...ugggh!  Hmm maybe my colleagues at work may like it.  I'll know on Monday!  
Nestle KitKat in Japan seems to be doing a lot of interesting & some I must say weird flavors.  There's Soya Sauce, Grilled Corn, Watermelon, Sweet Potato, Baked Potato to name a few.  There are also beverage inspired flavors like Ramune Soda, Earl Grey Tea and Lemon Vinegar. 


I also bought this Bitter Chocolate KitKat.  This one...I like!  I actually prefer this than the normal one. Intense chocolate flavor without the sometimes sour-ish after taste when you eat a bitter dark chocolate bar.  I would definitely buy this again!


I also bought a pack of these Bourbon Japanese snacks.  I like that I can just grab a pack and go which I always have in my bag.  There are a lot of varieties to choose from and although the descriptions at back are in Japanese, you can see what's inside just by looking at the packaging.  

So until my next visit to Yamakawa Super...



































No comments:

Post a Comment