20 February 2011

L'Operetta

L'Operetta is a Japanese owned Italian restaurant at Boat Quay.  It is the first Italian restaurant to serve Vera Pizza Napoletana.  My hubby follows http://www.ieatishootipost.sg to check out some of the best eats in town & he came about L'Operetta.  I love Italian food and after reading the post I get all excited!  
It was actually a post-wedding anniversary dinner for us & its the perfect place except for the mild drizzle of rain.  We didn't have any reservations and even though we came early, the place is already fully booked.  The only seats available are outside so we wine & dine al fresco.  In fact, I love it outside you have a view of the river...such a romantic setting!
We start off with a complimentary salad from the Chef...
For Antipasti, we ordered the Oven Baked Hokkaido Scallops flavoured with Aromatized Butter. Fresh Hokkaido scallops!  Plump, tender & oh so yummy.  Served in a petit Le Creuset pots.   Worth all the calories!
For Primi Piatti, I had Tagliolini with Red Wine braised Minced Meat Bolognese. This is no ordinary bolognese! It's by far the best Bolognese I ever had. The sauce is like beef stew,  very tasty & each mouthful is a delight.  
Hubby ordered the Sea Urchin Spaghetti tossed with Grey Mullet Bottarga. The picture doesn't look appetizing but if you are a Sea Urchin fan, you'll love it.    I don't quite like Sea Urchin so I'm a bit biased.  Hubby think its interesting & pleasant while it's a little too raw for me.  
For Secondi Piatti, we shared a 400grams Grilled Pork Rack Smoked in Cherry Wood. This dish is so scrumptious!  I'll definitely order this again :D
Unfortunately, we have no room to try the famous pizzas but we shall return :D  There are over a dozen pizza on the menu and I can't wait to try them.  I am also gonna try the most talk about risotto.  Obviously there's no room for desserts as well, we are "busog (full) to the max"...I heard the Tiramisu is to die for!  




L'Operetta
78, 79 Boat Quay
Singapore 049866
http//www.operagroup.com.sg/home.html
Tel: 6438 2482







No comments:

Post a Comment