21 March 2011

Takashimaya Food Hall

When I'm a bit down and blue you will find me at either supermarkets, food halls or pastry shops.  The sight of lovely cakes and pastries, the smell of freshly baked bread makes me feel better.  I don't know how to explain this and it may be a bit weird, supermarkets got this scent that makes me feel relax and happy.   It just lift me up when I'm a bit lonely or homesick.  So anyway, one of my favorite places to brood over my sadness and frustrations is Takashimaya Food Hall.  

I remember one time, I came as they were about to open and was surprised when every staff greets you with a bow.  So Japanese! This posting is way past overdue as I've taken these pictures before Chinese New Year. And oh, I wasn't sad or blue that day...I was my happy cheerful self.





The most expensive rock melon (S$98) & strawberries (S$83) from Japan.
Lovely fruit jellies at S$4.50 each.
Pasta sauce, handmade pastas, olive & truffle oils from Italy.
Fauchon jams!
Fauchon tea & biscuits.
Harrod's & Twining's selection of fine tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment